Saturday, July 12, 2008

Why I started baking cakes.....

I have always enjoyed baking and decorating cakes and cookies. I started out just doing "Christmas Cookies" for my family and co-workers. After my children were born, I began to bake the cakes for their birthday parties. My boys had a combined birthday party this year...they are ages 1 and 2....and they love choo choos, especially Thomas. So I baked a 3-D train cake with boxcars and a caboose. They loved it, and I really enjoyed doing it! After having several people ask me to bake cakes for them...I realized that I should start working from home...baking cakes and cookies! I feel that God has given me this opportunity to be at home with my children and at the same time earn an income doing something I enjoy. I treasure my role as "mommy" and enjoy the blessing that they are to me each and every day. My desire is to provide custom cakes and cookies at reasonable prices. I love to be creative and welcome any new ideas.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Donna, I loved your flower cookies that Martha won that you made for my graduation. They were delicious also, not just pretty. I hope you are getting business because I hope to use your service when needed. I agree with you that being mommy is the top priority for your little ones and having a home based business is a great way to earn some income. Hope to meet you one day. Ruth Workman

Donna said...

Ruth,
Thanks for your sweet comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies! Congratulations on your graduation, I know you must be so excited to be finished!
Donna